HERE’S THE 9-STEP VISION SETTING GUIDE I USE MYSELF:
Ready, set your gaze to greatness!
1) Breathe in, connect to your heart, exhale, let the creative juices flow. Think about what an incredibly meaningful and amazing life would look like for you in 2018 – in all areas! Think about what seems impossible, but will be awesome to achieve and live out! Push yourself, don’t focus only on what seems attainable and clearly achievable.
Seriously, Elon Musk is shooting a roadster into space to circle Mars, you can do more than you think!
2) Define what you want to create and become – with clarity, a due-date, and clear measurements – in the following 5 key areas of your life:
- Career & Lifestyle
- Wellness & Health
- Relationships & Community
- Creativity & Education
- Personal & Spiritual
Double check: is your vision for each area inspiring to you (yes you, this is your life) do you feel a bit giddy but freaked out by what you’re seeing? Good. 👍
(Psst: Danielle LaPorte talks about how to add soul to all your goals in these 5 areas in her book The Desire Map – it has a free preview bundle to download, woot!)
Here’s an example of my clear, measurable, inspiring, and due-date driven vision:
- Career & Lifestyle – Serve 10k+ people a month (online and in-person) with my coaching, writing, and experiences by May 30, 2018.
- Measurement – 10K+ visitors on website, social media, and event statistics and a deep feeling of joy and fulfillment every time I connect with someone new!
3) It’s January 1, 2019, your vision has been achieved. Write out a day in your life on New Year’s Day next year with your entire vision fully realized. Use big descriptive words.
Talk in the first person. The present tense. Today. You already did it. Note the smells, the emotions, all of the achievements and what they meant to you and still mean to you. Write yourself a diary entry from January 1, 2019. Got it? Now put that on your fridge, look at it every. single. day.
4) Who’s starting to feel like their vision is amazing, incredible, but totally unattainable?
Guess what? You already have what it takes to achieve your vision! Let’s get clear on all of the tools already at your service!
List 10 abilities you already have to rock this!
Identify the abilities YOU have that will serve you in creating your vision. They can be simple or detailed; just write out what you internally possess that will help you rock this. Some of my existing abilities include: writing, 10 months of life coach certification training with Accomplishment Coaching, and 8 years of business expertise and knowledge.
List 10 people & tools you can lean on
Now, list the top 10 external tools that will help make your vision a reality. The Internet is a HUGE tool and books, mentors, teachers, and Oprah are others.
My top resources are other entrepreneurs like Marie Forleo, 20 fellow coaches from my training program, my amazing Desire Map Daily Planner, books like Awaken the Giant Within and Get Clients Now! and of course, my own life coach, the impeccable Cammie who pushes me to let go of and transform anything that doesn’t serve me with SO MUCH LOVE <3
5) We’re all like puppies! 🐶 We respond best to treats and praise! Treats keep us motivated, celebrated, and at our peak performance – besides, who doesn’t want another green beauty product? As you move toward the horizon of your vision you have to celebrate yourself and all your efforts!
Keep the following list of treats on hand to choose how to reward yourself when you achieve milestones and progress.
- 5 emotional treats – You have to ask other people for these. Hugs and compliments/acknowledgement are my favourite. Yes – I ASK FOR COMPLIMENTS – it is one of my deepest self-love practices.
- 5 simple treats – These are free or low cost. A bath, nature walk or a specialty latte are my favourite.
- 5 luxury treats – Think time consuming and expensive. I Love day/weekend trips OR A PUPPY (one day my friends) as large treats.
How will you treat yoself?
6) Now, let’s get real! Can we be honest with each other and ourselves?
Let’s identify what will help you and what will hinder you as you create your vision.
What sources you:
What are your sure fire energy sources to get you excited and ready to show up day-to-day? Spin class and meditation are mine!
What drains you:
What do you know will take you off course? What are predictable bad habits that cause shitty sabotage in your life? My big one is comparing myself to others – especially on Instagram.
What transforms you:
Lastly, what do you know will create change in your life? What helped you achieve something that seemed insurmountable before? When I was faced with big projects and deadlines in my last career in digital marketing, I scheduled and time blocked all of my time and also took short breaks to walk in nature and clear my head. It worked wonders.
7) Love yourself. The very core of everything you want happens when you take amazing care of yourself. Self-love and wellness is the stable foundation for an incredible vision.
What will you do daily, weekly, monthly, and annually to take excellent care of you – so that you can show up for the world and everyone else? My #1 self care tip is daily meditation, it is so so sooo nourishing for your mind, body, and soul.
8) What will you do this week in each of your 5 vision areas? What will you commit to that is exciting to start?
Practice beginning right now. Reach out. Make lists. Take big actions. To achieve my spiritual and career goals I am posting daily 3 minute long Kundalini Yoga meditations on Instagram live ALL YEAR LONG to share the love and hold myself accountable.
9) Partner with and hire a coach!
Now wait, before you think this is self-serving, let me explain. The most powerful thing about a coach is that they truly see your greatness and 100% believe and support your vision – however crazy your dad or best friends think it is! What would it be like to have that level of no bullshit support, love, and accountability on your path? I know it made the whole difference for me, I would have never quit my job and moved provinces to become a full-time entrepreneur last year if it wasn’t for my coach’s unwavering support that I absolutely could and would do it! I am now living and building my vision because I chose to get supported.
Want to see what coaching can do for your vision? Let’s connect! Sign up for complimentary 1 hour sample session and let’s explore together, I see you.
Are you ready to boldly walk towards your vision and create it?
Do you need more support? Leave a comment below and Sanja will respond!
Be bold – and not just with your brows. Here’s to your visionary 2018! 🎉
Based on principles I learned in my coach training with Accomplishment Coaching – The World’s Finest Coach Training ProgramTM